Please Make Sure You Test Your Tech Before The Conference Starts! Accessing The Virtual Event Platform Is Easiest On Chrome & On Personal Devices & Networks. You Should Now Have Received Your Joining Instructions To Join The Virtual Platform On 24th February. If Not, Please Call Us On +44 (0)20 3479 2299. Please Take A Moment To Download The Event App BEFORE The Conference Starts (See Below). To Test Your Tech Before The Event, Click Here >>
Any Tech Teething Issues? Quick Tech Fixes Before We Start!?
Don’t miss a thing! Please take a moment to download the mobile phone app BEFORE the event starts in case you do have tech issues with your main device so you can still participate whilst we resolve any potential issues. (“GIC Events” for Apple and “GIC Events All In The Loop” for Android – a few minutes max). It is quicker to contact us directly, than post on the discussion board if you are having problems! Please call us on +44 (0) 203 479 2299 or email email@example.com. Remember Chrome and home devices and networks work best.
For Sound/Video issues try:
- Refreshing the page
- Clicking out and back in on the agenda tab
- Logging out and back into the site
- Check PC is not muted and connected to headphones
Please kindly check the Troubleshooting tab before the conference starts to try and avoid the most common access issues (usually on private settings etc).
Shopper-Centric, Insight-Led & Profitable Shopper Marketing & Category Management
Drive Growth With Insights Into The Latest Changed Shopper Behaviours, Channel Shifts & Online Innovations • Recession-Proof Your Category Management Strategies For Win-Win Retailer Relationships, Online Success & Optimised In-Store Experiences • Boost Conversions With Engaging Shopper Marketing, Activation & Comms. A One-Day, Brand-Led Virtual Conference & Networking Event, 24th February 2021, Online. Already Attending? Find out more about our virtual platform here. Group Discounts Available! Please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 for more details.
23 Brand-Side Shopper & Category Leaders Share Up-To-Date Shopper & Channel Trends, Commercially-Successful Online Tactics, Stand-Out Shopper Activation & Marketing, Retailer Insights, New Digital Business Models, Recession-Proof Strategies, Savvy Data Insights & Exciting In-Store Experiences To Engage Shoppers & Drive Incremental Growth
- What Is The “New Normal” Of Shopper Behaviour? The latest insights into rapidly-changing shopper behaviours, motivations, habits and trends today
- Unlock The Power Of Digitally-Savvy Shoppers Online: Increase online sales and brand presence in a digital world
- Convenience, Main Estate, Discounters… Invest in the right channel strategies with up-to-date insights on the latest channel shifts and trends
- Stand-Out Shopper Marketing & Activation: Dedicated advice clinics on next-level shopper engagement, comms and activation tactics
- Drive Growth Through A Recession: Recession-proof pricing, promotion and resourcing for tough economic times
- Business-Critical Retailer Insights For Winning Collaborations: Understand what retailers are looking for now and foster long-term, profitable retailer-manufacturer relationships
- Innovations, Disruptors & Challengers: From subscription models to direct-to-consumer, understand the latest digital innovations to boost your e-commerce strategy
- Effectively Action Data & Insights: Drive real business impact with rich data and insights to form a 360 picture of your shopper
- Outstanding In-Store Experiences: Create a seamless, exciting retail experience that doesn’t compromise on safety guidelines for increased in-store spend
- Sustainability, Health, Working From Home… Discuss the latest macro trends impacting shopper behaviours to truly get in sync with your consumer
PLUS! What's New At The 3rd Annual Shopper Insights & Behaviours & Winning Category Management Conference?
- 3 Years Of Fresh Insights - New Case Studies & Innovations!
- Brand New Speaker Line-Up Featuring Industry-Leading Brands Including Sainsbury's, Connelly Spar, Co-op, Post Office, Diageo & Many More!
- Back Year After Year Due To Popular Demand!
- In-Depth Insight Into E-Commerce Trends
- Recession-Proofing Strategies
- Quick-Fire Shopper Activation & Shopper Marketing Advice Clinics
- Interactive Hot Topic Panel Debates
- 7 Macro-Trend Breakout Discussions: A) Sustainability B) Health C) Gen Z D) Working From Home F) Locals & Independents G) Convenience H) Staying True To Brand
You'll be in safe hands. Here's what previous attendees of our Shopper Insights & Behaviours Conference have to say:
'Very relevant, interesting and motivating.' Tesco
'Excellent topics, content, speakers and inspiration.’ Procter & Gamble
‘Shared learnings and best practice. Good focus on innovation and how to win!’
This Is Your Unique Opportunity To Get Involved In Europe's 3rd Annual Shopper Insights & Behaviours Conference!
Can You Help Shopper & Category Professionals Achieve Profitable Growth?
For more information on how to speak, exhibit or arrange one-to-one meetings at this market-leading conference, please call +44 (0) 20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
'Relevant topics and delegates.'
'Very well organised. Great venue.
Very professional and collaborative.'
'Good opportunity to meet with relevant delegates in one-to-one meetings.'
1 Inspiring Day. Shopper, Marketing & Category Directors From Industry-Leading Brands Address Your Toughest Challenges: Changing Shopper Behaviour Trends • Winning Online • Recession Proofing • Channel Strategies • E-Commerce Challengers & Disruptors • Actioning Data & Insights • Retailer Insights & Collaborations • Shopper Marketing & Activation • Optimising In-Store Experiences • Macro Shopper Trends Breakouts
How Does The Virtual Shopper Insights & Behaviours & Winning Category Management Conference Work?
It’s easy! All you need is internet access and a password which we will provide. No need to download any specific software or apps. In the comfort of your own surroundings, you will be able to:
Inspiring Speakers - Listen to market-leading, brand-side speakers as they share their hard-won insights and experiences with hot topic presentations and panels
Connect & Network - Networking is easy with the use of our discussion board, direct messaging facility, meeting request buttons, live polling and social media feed. Have your say and meet the other attendees
Live Chat - Pose your own questions and comment via the live chat function and interact with other delegates and speakers in real time
Virtual Roundtables & Peer Discussions - There will be breakout discussions during the day to discuss specific areas of interest with like-minded attendees to tailor your experience
Explore the 'virtual exhibition stands' and speak directly to our carefully-chosen exhibitors to help you tackle your business challenges directly
Virtual Face-To-Face Meetings - Start a conversation with fellow delegates or exhibitors and discuss your individual needs and challenges one-to-one.
Go Virtual - It’s Easy! All you need is good internet access and a password which we will provide. No need to download any specific software or apps. Presentations and panels are live, and you can type in questions or comments to our Q&A section, live polling or social feed. If you would like to participate in any breakout discussions, it’s just a normal zoom call. You can also direct message or request a meeting with any of the other attendees on the online platform. Sessions will be recorded and will be available as on-demand content for a short while after the event.
Shopper-Centric, Insight-Led & Profitable Shopper Marketing & Category Management
Drive Growth With Insights Into The Latest Changed Shopper Behaviours, Channel Shifts & Online Innovations • Recession-Proof Your Category Management Strategies For Win-Win Retailer Relationships, Online Success & Optimised In-Store Experiences • Boost Conversions With Engaging Shopper Marketing, Activation & Comms. A One-Day, Brand-Led Virtual Conference & Networking Event, 24th February 2021, online.
08.30 Registration, Morning Coffee & Objective Setting
09.10 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting Introduction & Morning Co-Chairs' Opening Remarks
Kirsty Watts, Head of Category, General Mills
Liz Forte, Marketing Health & Wellness Director, Compass Group UK&I
Changing Shopper Behaviour Trends - Thought Leaders | Panel Discussion & Q&A
09.20 What Do Shoppers Want Today? Get To Grips With Post-COVID Shopper Trends & How To Capitalise On Them For Increased Engagement, Growth & Category Success
- From online shopping to shopping local when working from home, which “new normal” trends are here to stay?
- How have shopper missions changed since COVID-19? Ensure you are making the most the most of each and every mission with the latest insights into shopper habits, motivations and purchasing behaviours
- Drive incremental growth with effective product range, shopper marketing and NPD strategies which fully reflect consumer expectations and mindsets
Anjelica Shirrefs, Senior Shopper Insights Manager, L’Oréal UK
Susan Connolly, Sales Director, Connolly Spar
Anne Claypole, Category Controller, Kopparberg UK
Tugce Bulut, CEO and Co-Founder, Streetbees
Maxime Dassonville, Global Head of Shopper & Category Development, BIC
10.00 Unlock The Power Of Effective E-commerce: Successful Online Strategies & Retailer Collaborations For Next-Level Online Sales In A Digital World
- Content, pricing, SEO, promotions: ensure the basics are on point! What simple steps can you take to up your e-commerce game, to increase online sales and brand presence?
- Mapping out the online shopper journey: how do they come to their end purchase decision and what can you do to ensure your product is chosen?
- Effectively collaborate with retailers to ensure the e-commerce experience is exciting and seamless to keep shoppers coming back time and time again
Mario Tarantino, Senior E-commerce Manager, Huel
The Perfect Product Detail Page: 5 Tips On Designing Ecommerce Product Pages From 5 Years Of Ecommerce Research
10.25 The Perfect Product Detail Page: 5 Tips On Designing Ecommerce Product Pages From 5 Years Of Ecommerce Research
- How to get shoppers to notice your product
- What to avoid when designing a product page
- When and where to expend resources to maximise conversion on the product page
Gareth Tuck, Director UK & Partner, eye square
Morning Break With Shopper Activation Advice Clinic
10.45 Quick Fire Advice To Perfect Your Shopper Activation With Targeted, Insight-Led Strategies
Kim D'Arcy, Cross Category Insight & Activation Manager, Mondelēz International
Sustainability Case Study
11.15 Sustainability Case Study
Alex Wright, Co-Founder, Dash Water
What Brands Embarking On Direct-To-Consumer Can Learn From The Retail World
11.40 What Brands Embarking On Direct-To-Consumer Can Learn From The Retail World.
- Consumer expectations of online experiences are transforming. Digital benchmarking of leading brands reveals you can no longer rely solely on getting the basics right. Instead, online shoppers expect inspiration and stimulation; they want to feel a connection with your brand that ultimately will drive their decision-making and boost loyalty. It means you need a digital experience that shines, not just against your closest competitors, but the entire digital industry.
- Brands embracing direct-to-consumer are seeing mixed results when it comes to the experience reported by their visitors. Leveraging tried and tested strategies from the retail world is key, as is gaining a true understanding of the expectations and motivations of those consumers choosing to cut out the middle man and shop directly with you.
Sarah Beams, Development Director, Maru/Matchbox
Steve Brockway, Chief Research Officer, Maru/Matchbox
Peer-To-Peer Informal Breakout Discussions
James Howes, Customer Category Development Controller, Mondelēz International
B) Staying True To Brand
Anne Rees, Buyer (Fruit & Veg/Flower & Garden), Abel & Cole
12.20 Lunch & Informal Networking For Speakers, Delegates & Partner
13.15 Afternoon Chairs’ Opening Remarks
Farrah Mosaheb, Category and Shopper Strategy Controller, Premier Foods
Beyond 2021: How Shopper Behaviour Trends Will Pivot Into 2022
13.20 Bonus Session
- The first rule of retail is the importance of knowing your customer.
- But the customer you knew yesterday may not be the same one you know now – and the macro trends happening now will shape how they will behave as shoppers in the future.
- If you’re a brand or retailer, learn how current trends will pivot into 2022 to create new shopper moments and opportunities for engaging experiences.
Ruth Stainton, Managing Director, TPN Retail
E-commerce Challengers & Disruptors | Digital Acceleration
13.40 Don’t Get Left Behind! Update Business Models With New E-commerce Innovations To Impress The Digitally-Savvy Shopper, Increase Brand Presence & Drive Online Sales
- From online subscriptions to smart homes, where do the untapped opportunities lie in the digital world?
- How do consumers shop on a mobile and through social media? Ensure your E-commerce experience is fully optimised for mobile users to drive sales in an under-utilised area
- What does the future hold for direct-to-consumer? How can you unlock opportunities with this exciting business model?
- Amazon, subscription boxes and back to the butchers: assess the long-term impact of emerging channels on market share to find your niche
Benjamin Smith, Channel Manager – E-commerce & Private Sector, Performance Health
Mario Tarantino, Senior E-commerce Manager, Huel
Alex Wright, Co-Founder, Dash Water
How Has COVID-19 Impacted Your Shoppers?
14.25 How Has COVID-19 Impacted Your Shoppers? Is Your Category Strategy Still Fully Match Fit?
- COVID-19 has impacted all our lives but how many of the trends predicted during lockdown do we still see as relevant today?
- How do you take these into account when re-shaping a 3-5 year category strategy?
- Which drivers are positively or negatively impacted and how do you go about assessing this?
Duncan MacConnol, Quantic Joint Managing Director, The Quantic Group Ltd.
Steve Hildebrand, Quantic Director of Consulting, The Quantic Group Ltd.
Actioning Data & Insights
14.45 Content That Converts: Next-Level Shopping Insights To Create Best-In-Class Guidelines For Content On E-commerce
Back to square one! Harness data across rich sources and avoid siloed information for a multifaceted view of the consumer
- Keep up with the ongoing rise of e-commerce with a how to guide for creating brilliant content guidelines to win the digital shelf
- Up-to-date data to glean valuable insights into shopper needs to drive sales online
Ellie Donaldson, Shopper Insight Lead, Diageo
Shopper Insights: Past, Present & Future – The Evolution Of A Consumer
15.10 Bonus Session
- Legacy of 2020 shopper insights and the trends for 2021 from key findings.
- The need to stay close to consumers, the short/long term needs.
- Understanding customer segments and reacting to change in a agile way
- What the future holds
Richie Herron, VP, Methodology, Toluna & Harris Interactive
15.30 Afternoon Refreshment Break
Optimising In-Store Experiences
16.00 Elevate In-Store Experiences Without Compromising On Safety To Drive Footfall & Increase In-Store Spend
- It’s all about the experience! Leverage new technology to keep in-store exciting with experiential retail ideas
- Shoppers need to feel safe and secure: quick tips to create positive in-store experiences without compromising on COVID-19 guidelines
- We may be stuck in one-way systems for a while, but there are still opportunities!
- Ensure planograms and POS strategies remain shopper-centric to increase instore spend and impulse buys
Lauren Cussen, Shopper Activations Manager, Heineken Ireland Ltd
How Tony’s Chocolonely Are Disrupting Chocolate
16.25 How Tony’s Chocolonely Became The UK’s Fastest Selling Chocolate Brand With No Paid Media
Tony’s ‘Countess of Cocoa’ will share more about:
- How this challenger brand is disrupting the global chocolate industry on their mission to make all chocolate 100% slave free
- How they have utilised product, packaging, in-store visibility and activism to become the UK’s fastest growing chocolate brand in just 2 years
Nicola Matthews, Countess of Cocoa / UK Marketing Manager, Tony's Chocolonely
Retailer Insights & Collaborations | Q&A & Panel Discussion
16.50 Encourage Successful Retailer-Manufacturer Working Relationships With Next-Level Category Leadership For Long-Term, Profitable Collaborations
- What are retailers looking for when it comes to best-in-class category management and shopper strategies?
- With so much competition, how can you ensure your category is indispensable to retailers?
- It’s all well and good knowing the trends, but how can you ensure an insight-led approach lands well with retailers?
- Reflecting and taking learnings for the future: what makes a sustainable partnership work?
Richard Hodges, Head Of Sales & Wholesale Buying, Sainsbury's
Richard Dennett, Category Buying Manager, Co-op Food
17.15 Co-Chairs’ Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference
is a rapidly-expanding and highly entrepreneurial conference company. We only employ individuals who are passionate about conferences, passionate about their personal growth and performance and passionate about being the best. Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.